March with us!
Come help us celebrate our LGBTQ family members at Silicon Valley Pride in San Jose, August 27 and 28.
The festivities begin Saturday night, August 27, at 6:00 p.m. with an Electronic Dance Music Night Party on Almaden Boulevard, until 11:00 p.m.
Then on Sunday morning, August 28, we'll gather for a parade down Market Street. We need marchers! Meet us around 9:30 a.m. near the intersection of Market and St. John; you'll find our contingent next to the PFLAG banner.
After the parade, enjoy the festival on Almaden Boulevard from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., featuring live entertainment, food, drinks, information booths (including ours), and more.
And we still need volunteers—especially parents—to staff our booth at the festival. If you can help, send email by clicking here, or leave a message at (408) 270-8182.
Hope to see you there!
If you have GLBTQQ announcements or know of events that PFLAGers MAY want to attend, email them to the Webmaster
- Local meetings: San Mateo and San Jose
- Journey to Acceptance (Spanish with English Translation) El Camino hacia la aceptación
- Our Famility Coalition - promotes the equality and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer families with children. We foster community leadership in advocacy efforts that promote social justice. www.ourfamily.org
Gay Families - adoption, foster care, mentoring
- Gay Adoption Info: www.adoptionpride.com
- EMQ Families First: www.emqff.org Foster Care, Adoption Services, Mentoring. Contact Drew Mayen
Outlet Program - resource for ages 13-25
- Gay, Bisexual, Lesbian, Transgender Queer Questioning
- Free, Drop-in, confidential groups, groups in Spanish available
- Locations: Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Mateo
- Flyer attached at the end of the Aprl-May newletter
- Contact email: email@example.com
Resources for Questioning Youth
- Go to: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual
Other PFLAG Chapters
Go to: Links to Other Resources
"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Repealed!!!
More information at Servicemembers Legal Defense Network
Get involved! Go to the Advocacy page.
- PFLAG National Blog and Policy Matters -- updates and opinions
- Prop 8 Trial Tracker -- Prop 8 trial developments and marriage equality news and analysis
- Marriage News Watch -- marriage equality news briefs
- Marriage Equality USA (ME USA) -- good source for local actions in support of marriage equality
- Facebook: South Bay -- ME USA-Santa Clara
Drive youth to Outlet meeting, help with newsletter stuffing, join the crew who produces our montly "PFLAG Talks" TV show...check the Volunteer page.
Servicemembers Legal Defense Network
This chapter has a very active Speakers Bureau. We provide trained speakers & panels to educate audiences from middle/high schools, universities, churches, businesses, etc. about the issues that face lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender people and their family members. For more information, go to www.pflagsanjose.org/psb/psbHome or send Email.
Gay-Straight Alliance Network:Empowering youth activists to fight homophobia and transphobia in schools.
Other Items of Interest
- To see Youtube, CBS 60 minutes coverage, ABC news coverage on Transgendered families, go to Other Items of Interest