ALERT Peninsula Meeting Location Change
Starting March 13 the Peninsula support group will be meeting at a new location:
San Mateo County Pride Center
1021 S. El Camino Real (at 11th Ave.)
San Mateo, CA 94403
The day and time are unchanged -- 2nd Monday, 7:00 p.m.
Although the Center's official grand opening won't be until June 1, we'll be using this great new space early, as the final pieces are put into place. And if you join us on March 13 you'll get to meet the Center's Program Director, Lisa Putkey! She'll give us an introduction to herself and the Center.
Now Accepting Applications for 2017 Scholarships
Every year PFLAG San Jose/Peninsula grants several scholarships to local graduating seniors whose histories, activities, and personal plans demonstrate support for justice and equality for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons. The application period has begun and continues until March 31. See our scholarships page for details and a downloadable application form.
If you have GLBTQQ announcements or know of events that PFLAGers MAY want to attend, email them to the Webmaster
- Local meetings: San Mateo and San Jose
- Journey to Acceptance (Spanish with English Translation) El Camino hacia la aceptación
- Our Famility Coalition - promotes the equality and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer families with children. We foster community leadership in advocacy efforts that promote social justice. www.ourfamily.org
Gay Families - adoption, foster care, mentoring
- Gay Adoption Info: www.adoptionpride.com
- EMQ Families First: www.emqff.org Foster Care, Adoption Services, Mentoring. Contact Drew Mayen
Outlet Program - resource for ages 13-25
- Gay, Bisexual, Lesbian, Transgender Queer Questioning
- Free, Drop-in, confidential groups, groups in Spanish available
- Locations: Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Mateo
- Flyer attached at the end of the Aprl-May newletter
- Contact email: email@example.com
Resources for Questioning Youth
- Go to: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual
Other PFLAG Chapters
Go to: Links to Other Resources
"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Repealed!!!
More information at Servicemembers Legal Defense Network
Get involved! Go to the Advocacy page.
- PFLAG National Blog and Policy Matters -- updates and opinions
- Prop 8 Trial Tracker -- Prop 8 trial developments and marriage equality news and analysis
- Marriage News Watch -- marriage equality news briefs
- Marriage Equality USA (ME USA) -- good source for local actions in support of marriage equality
- Facebook: South Bay -- ME USA-Santa Clara
Drive youth to Outlet meeting, help with newsletter stuffing, join the crew who produces our montly "PFLAG Talks" TV show...check the Volunteer page.
Servicemembers Legal Defense Network
This chapter has a very active Speakers Bureau. We provide trained speakers & panels to educate audiences from middle/high schools, universities, churches, businesses, etc. about the issues that face lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender people and their family members. For more information, go to www.pflagsanjose.org/psb/psbHome or send Email.
Gay-Straight Alliance Network:Empowering youth activists to fight homophobia and transphobia in schools.
Other Items of Interest
- To see Youtube, CBS 60 minutes coverage, ABC news coverage on Transgendered families, go to Other Items of Interest