Other Items of Interest
Logging town welcomes transgender group
Read this front-page article in the Saturday, May 17th, 2008 issue of the Seattle Times about the Esprit transgender conference in Port Angeles, Washington.
ABC News' 20/20 program - Families and transgender children
This entire show focuses on 3 families who have children facing transgender identity issues.
Each story can be viewed from the links below:
- I'm a Girl
- A Boy in a Girl's Body
- Born with the Wrong Body...this girl has lived her life believing that God made a mistake in creating her...
- Excellent coverage by CNN with PFLAG TNET board member Kim Pearson about a transgender child's situation at a Colorado school. View at TransYouth Family Advocates - CNN
Youtube - Ellen
- Ellen's comments: Sally Kern, Representative from Oklahoma says that the GLBT movement is a worse threat than terrorists.
- Military Soft On Don't Ask, Don't Tell? 60 Minutes: Is Military More Tolerant Of Gay Members In Wartime? More...CBS News
- Servicemembers Legal Defense Network: www.sldn.org
- Beyond Ex-Gay is an on-line community and resource for those who have survived ex-gay experiences.
A Christian Lesbian Journey (book)
- (Darlene Bogle) contains an endorsement from Dr. Mel White.
A Straight Guide to GLBT Americans - Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2006
- The Human Rights Campaign and Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) present a first of its kind guide to GLBT Americans written for straight people. The guide walks people through the emotional spectrum that people typically feel after someone comes out to them, outlines myths and facts about GLBT people, and gives easy ways for straight people to learn more and demonstrate their support for GLBT Americans. A Straight Guide to GLBT Americans pdf (850.29KB)
Want a link posted? Send to Webmaster